The Food as Medicine Institute aims to provide evidenced based nutrition education to individuals, families, and communities while nourishing healthy relationships with whole foods and to educate health care professionals on the use of food as medicine in the prevention and reduction of chronic disease.
We envision communities free of chronic disease and nourished through healthy whole foods.
- Promote whole foods and low-processed foods.
- Encourage a diverse, primarily plant-based diet.
- Include food from healthy animals.
- Promote anti-inflammatory food choices.
- Recognize that individuals have unique food needs.
- Care about food and its sources.